Bloody Mary Recipe
The Bloody Mary is a vodka-soaked nutritional breakfast and hangover cure all in one. What else could you ask for?
The tomato-based cocktail has hundreds of variations, from heavy on the hot sauce to a splash of Guinness on top. It’s best to start with the classic recipe and work toward the way you like it, even if it’s topped with a shrimp skewer, a slice of bacon and a tiny cheeseburger. Crazy garnishes aside, there’s a reason this iconic beverage is a classic.
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- Garnish: lime wedge
- Garnish: green olives
- Garnish: parsley sprig
- Garnish: celery stalk
- 1. Pour some celery salt onto a small plate.
- 2.Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass.
- 3.Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated.
- 4.Fill with ice and set aside.
- 5.Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in.
- 6.Add the remaining ingredients and ice and shake gently.
- 7.Strain into the prepared glass.
- 8.Garnish with a parsley sprig, 2 speared green olives and a lime wedge and a celery stalk (optional).